Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dance Is A Part of My Work-out!


Working out is vital to keep yourself healthy and fit. I began to increase in my dance rehearsals as a work-out. Recently I had two performances coming up back to back, my opportunity to really go for it and create the body I really desire. I'm not one to go to the gym, so dance is perfect. I do implement resistance training to bring balance and strengthen my bones. Resistance training helps keep me light on my feet. As a result, I feel the benefits because my movements come with much ease. My performances are always much more intense than rehearsals, so lifting weights help prepare my body for the high intensity of each performance. I'll tell you, 5 minutes of performing is equivalent to a 30 minute cardio work-out. This is why I dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment